Thursday 5 October 2023

Essential English Verbs

PresentMeaningPastPast ParticipleExample
beহওয়াwas/werebeenI am a student.
haveরাখা / আছে hadhadI have a cat and a dog.
doকরাdiddoneI do my homework every day.
sayবলাsaidsaidShe said she would be there.
goযাওয়াwentgoneI like to go to the movies.
getপাওয়াgotgottenI got a new phone for my birthday.
makeবানানোmademadeI made a cake for my mother.
takeনেওয়াtooktakenI took the bus to school.
comeআসাcamecomeHe came to my house yesterday.
seeদেখাsawseenI saw a bird flying in the sky.
giveদেওয়াgavegivenI gave her a flower.
knowজানাknewknownI know how to ride a bike.
wantচাওয়াwantedwantedI want to eat ice cream.
putরাখাputputI put my books on the table.
findখুঁজে পাওয়াfoundfoundI found my lost wallet.
askজিজ্ঞাসা করাaskedaskedI asked him his name.
helpসাহায্য করাhelpedhelpedHe helped me with my homework.
needলাগা / দরকার /প্রয়োজন neededneededI need a new book.
workকাজ করাworkedworkedI work at a bank.
learnশেখাlearnedlearnedI learned how to speak English in school.
playখেলাplayedplayedI played soccer with my friends yesterday.
liveবাস করাlivedlivedI live in India.
tellবলা toldtoldHe told me a joke.
lookদেখাlookedlookedI looked at the painting in the museum.
thinkমনে করা / ভাবা thoughtthoughtI think you're right.
tryচেষ্টা করাtriedtriedI tried to solve the puzzle, but I couldn't.
useব্যবহার করাusedusedI used my phone to take a picture.
callডাকাcalledcalledI called my mother on the phone.
studyপড়াশোনা করাstudiedstudiedI studied for my test last night.
eatখাওয়াateeatenI ate a sandwich for lunch.
drinkপান করাdrankdrunkI drank a glass of water.
sleepঘুমানো sleptsleptI slept for eight hours last night.
understandবুঝা / বুঝতে পারা  understoodunderstoodI don't understand what you're saying.
agreeএকমত হওয়াagreedagreedI agree with you.
disagreeঅসম্মত হওয়াdisagreeddisagreedI disagree with you.
loveভালোবাসাlovedlovedI love my family.
hateঘৃণা করাhatedhatedI hate broccoli.
likeপছন্দ করাlikedlikedI like to read books.
ask forচাওয়াasked forasked forI asked for a PC for my birthday.
wait forঅপেক্ষা করাwaited forwaited forI waited for the bus.