Tuesday 3 October 2023

English Prepositions and Bengali Meaning

 

English PrepositionBengali MeaningExample Sentence
Aboutসম্পর্কেI am learning about the animals in the jungle.
AboveউপরেThe bird is flying above the clouds.
Acrossজুড়ে, পার হয়েThe cat ran across the street.
Afterপরে, পিছনেI will eat my lunch after I finish my homework.
Againstবিরুদ্ধেI am playing against my brother in a game of chess.
Amongমধ্যেThe ball is among the books.
AroundচারপাশেThere are many trees around my house.
At-এ, -তেI am at school right now.
BeforeআগেI need to brush my teeth before I go to bed.
BehindপেছনেThe cat is hiding behind the couch.
BelowনিচেThe fish are swimming below the water.
BeneathনীচেThe treasure is buried beneath the sand.
BesideপাশেI am sitting beside my friend in class.
BetweenমাঝেThe ball is between the two boys.
Beyondপেরিয়ে, এরপরেThe park is beyond the library.
Byদ্বারা, কাছেI am sitting by the window.
Duringসময়I like to play outside during the summer.
Forজন্যI am buying this gift for my mother.
FromথেকেI am coming from school.
Inমধ্যে, ভিতরেThe cat is in the box.
Intoমধ্যে, ভিতরেThe ball is going into the basket.
LikeমতোI like to eat ice cream like my father.
NearকাছেThe park is near my house.
Ofএর, তার, -রThis is my friend's book.
Offথেকে, উপরেThe cat jumped off the table.
OnউপরেThe book is on the table.
OntoউপরেThe cat jumped onto the table.
Out ofথেকে বাইরেThe bird flew out of the window.
Overউপরে, জুড়েThe bridge goes over the river.
Pastপার হয়েI walked past the park on my way home.
Throughদিয়েThe train is going through the tunnel.
To-এ, -তেI am going to the store.
TowardদিকেI am walking toward the park.
UnderনিচেThe dog is hiding under the table.
UpউপরেThe bird flew up into the tree.
WithসহI am playing with my friend.